Homemade Turkey Soup Recipe!
- 1 leftover turkey (from a 10- to 12-pound turkey)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium onion cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
- Place the turkey carcass in a pot; add water, onion, salt and bay leaves. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove carcass; cool. Strain broth and skim fat. Discard onion and bay leaves. Return broth to the pan.
- Add the carrots, rice, celery and chopped onion; cover and simmer until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey from bones; discard bones and cut turkey into bite-size pieces. Add turkey and cream soup to broth; heat through.