July 3rd, 2015
Enter to Win a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer!
Enter this contest from Leite’s Culinaria and Chef’s Catalog for your chance to win a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer.
This stand mixer is a beauty, combining professional functionality with a sexy silhouette. The mixer’s rugged, all-metal construction ensures durability and quiet operation, while the tilt-head allows for easy access to the bowl and attachments (beater, wire whisk and dough hook). With the mixer’s ten speeds and consistency, you’ll whip up copious amounts of meringue on the double (coconut pie, anyone?), or try your hand at a batch of homemade bagels.
With almost 30 colors to choose from, you’ll be sure to find the one that’s perfect for your kitchen.
July 2nd, 2015
Get a Pack of Free Flower Seeds From Bees Matter!
Canadian farmers rely on bees as pollinators. So bees matter to everyone.
Help honey bees to thrive by signing up to grow your own buzzing garden. Receive a FREE packet of flower seeds.
Get a FREE Pack Here
June 17th, 2015
Are you looking for a healthy and delicious snack for yourself and your children? Check out Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars!
Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars are these simple, wholesome, 100% natural fruit filled cookies. They’re made with stone ground whole wheat flour. They are cholesterol, dairy, and trans fat free. Along with being kosher and non-GMO.
I love these fig bars! The twin packs are convenient to carry with me, for on-the-go snacking.
My favorite flavors in this pack are the Mango and Apple Cinnamon. There are other delicious flavors such as: Peach Apricot, Blueberry, Raspberry, Lemon, Fig, and Strawberry.
Finally a sweet afternoon snack you can feel good about!
One lucky person will WIN their own delicious Nature’s Bakery fig bars! Thank you to Nature’s Bakery for the review bars and for sponsoring this tasty giveaway! (Winner must be following @naturesbakery in order to win)*
Prize: 5 Boxes of Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars
Open to: US & Canada
Enter to win using the widget below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
June 5th, 2015
Enter to WIN a Herbamare bike, and hit the trails this summer!
Enter Here to WIN!
To be eligible to participate in the “Win a Herbamare bike!” contest, participants have to visit www.avogel.ca. The participant must provide a valid email address and a testimonial on any Echinaforce product and agree to the contest rules and regulations. All participants must be residents of Canada and over 18 years of age. No purchase is required for participation.
2. Description of Prize
One (1) Herbamare bischï bike, valued at $2,000.
May 26th, 2015
Get out this summer: Win this bike!
Enjoy a smooth ride in style with a bicycle from Opus!
Enter with Canadian Living for your chance to win a Classica Urbanista Bike in your choice of colour for a easy ride that’s also easy on the eyes!
Enter to WIN
May 26th, 2015
Check out this free Healthy Living Slow Cooker recipe e-Book courtesy of Granny’s.
There are 11 different recipes to choose from. It goes over the basics of slow cooking and even includes a shopping list in the back!
Check it Out Here!
May 26th, 2015
5 Metabolism Boosters: Fact and Fiction!
- Don’t eat close to bedtime. You may have been told not to eat too close to bedtime because of the theory that your metabolism slows down at night and you’ll lose less weight than you would if you ate the same food earlier in the day. Not true, Calories count whether you eat them in the morning or at night. The problem with night time eaters is that they are usually eating far more calories than they think, and the calories are denser.
- Drinking water speeds metabolism. Drinking plenty of water is healthful for a number of reasons, but it doesn’t make your body burn calories faster. It can help you feel full, which may keep some cravings at bay. “But that effect doesn’t last very long. “One of the things that does help is soup before a meal. A broth-type soup does help cut down on the amount of calories you will eat.” Of course, broth won’t speed metabolism, but it will help you stick to your diet plan.
- Eat at the same time or at certain times every day to burn calories. Some diets recommend eating every couple of hours, while others advise sticking to a consistent schedule or number of meals for weight-loss success. Following a set schedule may help you stick to a diet plan, but doesn’t help you burn more calories.
- Eating breakfast boosts metabolism. Eating breakfast on a regular basis is important for shedding pounds, but not solely because it improves your metabolism. People who eat only one meal a day will shut down their metabolism. So breakfast is partly a metabolism-booster and it is partly to make sure you stay on track for the rest of the day. People who eat breakfast are less likely to binge later in the day, which of course promotes weight loss.
- Build muscle. The reality is that there is only one way to enhance metabolism: Build more lean muscle mass. The best way to increase metabolism is by incorporating physical activity, both cardio and weight training, to increase lean muscle mass, which is what burns the calories!For more Diet and Health News…
May 26th, 2015
Separate the myths from the facts about drinking water.
1. Everyone needs to drink eight glasses of water a day.
Myth. Though water is the easiest and most economical fluid to keep you hydrated, the latest Institute of Medicine recommendation is that women should strive for about two liters or eight glasses a day and men should aim for three liters or 12 glasses a day of any fluid, not just water. “No one can figure out where this ‘eight glasses of water’ came from, but I believe it came from the old RDA [recommended daily allowance] for water that matched water requirements to calorie requirements,” notes Georgia Chavent, MS, RD, director of the Nutrition and Dietetics Program at the University of New Haven in West Haven, Conn. “The new requirement from the Institute of Medicine is much more generous and includes recommendations for total beverage consumption, not just water.”
2. Drinking water flushes toxins from your body.
Fact. Though water doesn’t necessarily neutralize toxins, the kidneys… Read more »
May 22nd, 2015
Beyond the Rack is a private shopping club for women and men who want designer brand apparel and accessories at prices up to 80% off retail. They obtain authentic designer merchandise and provide it exclusively to our members through limited-time events. Each event starts at a specific time and typically lasts only 48 hours. After each event ends the merchandise is no longer available.
Join Beyond the Rack today to get some of the hottest Deals!
JOIN BEYOND THE RACK HERE!
May 21st, 2015
Improve your overall oral health by taking the Listerine Challenge today!
Register and receive a coupon, rinse with Listerine for 14 days and check in for your chance to win $20,000.
Enter to WIN Here
- Instant Win Prizes. There is one (1) Instant Win Prize (“Instant Win Prizes”, and each, a “Instant Win Prize”) available to be won per day… Read more »